Skip to main content

5/16/19 11:00 PM

DAY SIXTEEN
Much progress today! Last night, I completed the poster and this morning looked at it with Margaret to put it in the program and edit it. Overall, I'm thrilled with it. We're super grateful for the development office for printing them out for us on nice large paper. We're both keeping one, one has been put on the door to the black box, and the other seven we will hang tomorrow.
Bill was gracious enough to lend us his lights until we strike our set. As a thank you, I'm building a little box to put his dimmers in. We'll use it, and if he likes it it's all his. I'll hang those tomorrow as well and hopefully get that aspect done and dusted. The technical aspects of our show should be great, we just have to make sure we can get enough runs in before Monday. Crunch time is coming!


TODAY'S HOURS: 4
TOTAL: 47.5

Comments

  1. Love the posters-love the surreal set- love everything about watching you do this process.
    Keep up your destiny goals!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5/6/19 10:19 PM

DAY SEVEN Today Margaret was very (very) sick, so I was on my own. I spent most of the day changing lighting notes for the musical, but carved out about an hour and a half for various senior project bits. In the morning, I went down to the black box and opened the storage closet. I found the board, lots of lights, and even some gels and extra frames. Looking at the lights was super interesting. I don't know how old they are, but they're solid gray (rusting) metal compared to the newer plastic/metal/glass ellipsoidal source fours we have on the main stage. Once I get the board on I'll be able to test them and make sure they work. I checked the bulbs on a bunch and they look in good condition, but they're different than the ones we use now so if any burn out we will need some sort of contingency. I would say we could take some from upstairs but every light (besides parnells, which we will take from above) is being used for Once on This Island. I also recruited Amanda Hi

4/29/19 10:30 PM

DAY ONE: On April 28th, the first day of senior project, I arrived at the theater at 8:10 for my theater class, then worked on lighting for Once on This Island an hour. Margret and I met at assembly, where I did lighting. We went downstairs to the black box right after and began taping out our set. This involved getting spike-tape and referencing an earlier made set drawing to scale it. We had to decide where to put furniture, the audience, and our entrance/exit points. We went upstairs to get the furniture we needed: a wicker chair and couch. We wanted to find a carbonate but could not, so we will either have to build or buy one. We made the cuts in our script and then returned to design lights for OOTI and had rehearsal later that day. TOTAL HOURS: 4